Sunday, April 29, 2007


You Are My World

Dear Son,

Everytime I look at you, I can’t believe that I had in me all this time the power to create such a perfect child as you. As I hold you close to my heart, I pray that I will be here to see and share all your goals and accomplishments. Never before has life seemed so precious to me. I wish I could bottle this time that we share together.
As I look upon your sleeping, angelic face, I am amazed. I hold you so close that I feel your breath and I desperately hold on to this feeling. When you grow older, perhaps you won’t recall how I held you every night until you fell asleep. But, my son, these precious moments I will never forget.
I know that life will hold many triumphs and trials for you. I want to be there to share in your joys and to be your shoulder when you need to cry. I feel such a fierce, overwhelming desire to protect you from all the evils of this world. Sometimes I will hold you a little too tight - forgive me, you are my world.
There are many lessons that I want to teach you. Perhaps the hardest ones will be the ones you learn yourself. I wish that I could learn them for you, for my heart aches at the thought that you may fail at some of life’s bittersweet lessons. But, please know, that no matter what, you will always have my unconditional, undying love.
Even if we lived forever, I could not even begin to show you the depth of my love for you. I love you more than life itself and I would give my life for you without a seconds hesitation. Please know that you are and will always be the light of my life. You have made my life complete.
I Love You,


Your Mommy
Heather Nightingale

No comments: